Sunday, April 26, 2009

Seafood Ramen


Seafood Ramen, originally uploaded by Lisa Fagg.

I've been in a noodle mood lately and this noodle bowl is a result of this feeling.

I've recently 'discovered' fresh Ramen noodles - what a different foodstuff this is from the instant variety! And they barely take longer to cook than the instants...

I bought a pack of noodles one evening along with some frozen mussels and prawns (can't readily get the fresh variety in this land-locked part of England I live in...) and a couple of bunches of fresh pak choi. At home I combined these with chopped spring onions, a bit of shredded garlic and a crushed clove of garlic,. In an inspired moment, I added a little instant Japanese dashi and a scant handful of seaweed. I crumbled a bit of clear pork broth stock cube in there along with a slug or two of light soy sauce and the same amount of Thai fish sauce (nam pla). The effect was a simple, clear fresh soup.

Salt, freshly ground black pepper and a teaspoon of sugar were added at the end, to taste and the resulting dish was soooo tasty!

Devine!

Enjoy food.

No comments: