Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas!


Yeast bread, Christmas Day -2
Originally uploaded by Lisa Fagg.

Today I baked bread (it was 'baking day'...) to have with Christmas dinner. It looked so attractive I had to photograph it before we tucked in! Finally, I've solved my problem with bread - I simply don't like to eat bread that's more than a day or two old (there are exceptions to that, of course!) and so now, rather than having to figure out how to get to a store with a decent bakery, I make my own. This bread here, for instance will probably last us a couple of days - some will be had tonight with our snails and garlic butter starter. Tomorrow's breakfast and lunch will account for the rest (unless we are more restrained than usual...)
Hope you had a happy Christmas!

No comments: