Sunday, April 20, 2008

Pizza with Cheese and Anchovy

I had a lazy weekend, punctuated, now and then, with bursts of activity. The activity was pizza-making - my first pizzas in a long, long time. Between working at my new job and my new-found love of bread baking, there has been little time to indulge in pizza-making. Today I managed to do it! It certainly helped that I made our bread on Saturday, leaving today free for pizza. The recipe was very simple and only the mozzarella was bought especially for this purpose. Everything else was in the store cupboard. (Hooray! My tendency to 'hoard' food pays off, once again!)  The bottoms of the pizzas, with the exception of the one pictured above, were not cooked as much as I would have liked. They really needed another couple of minutes to be more crisp. I plan to solve that fairly soon by getting myself a stone to cook my pizzas on. I'll be sure to post when I get one!

I made 3 pizzas - plain packaged mozzarella cheese and tomato sauce, fresh mozzarella and anchovy and mozzarella and goat's cheese. They were all good and each of the steps involved were gentle and easy to execute. There was *way* too much pizza, though, in the end. We'll be having pizza tomorrow!

Happy baking!

No comments: